80+ Best Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For MSN, DNP Capstones
Both undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students are required to write nursing capstone projects. The culminating assignment evaluates student knowledge, skill and implementation of nursing knowledge acquired during the program. Therefore, in your nursing capstone project you are required to demonstrate competencies in research, critical thinking, organization and communication.
Nursing capstone can be formatted as a policy analysis, case studies, program evaluations or research depending on nursing program requirement. However, they will consist of evidence based practice formal paper. The approach heavily relies on data just like in any scientific project to formulate solution to a clinical problem.
The process of developing a nursing capstone project starts with finding feasible nursing capstone project ideas. Unfortunately, most nursing students face difficulties generating suitable nursing capstone idea. With the right skills and guidance developing nursing capstone ideas is easy. If you grind to a halt you can talk to your instructor or DNP capstone project writer for assistance.
The first step involves brainstorming all the nursing themes you have learnt both in class and during clinical rounds. You’re turning a whole bunch of nursing capstone project ideas over in your head. But you haven’t picked any one of them. Some of your nursing capstone project ideas seem to be too broad while others aren’t even researchable. It’s also possible no nursing capstone ideas are swirling around your head at this time. That’s awful. And you’re looking around to see if you can get a bit of inspiration. You’re in luck. We’ll suggest 80+ nursing capstone project ideas to get your thinking into gear.
You Seek Practice-based Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
There are different kinds of studies conducted around the nursing world every day. For the most part, researchers focus on generating new knowledge for their field. But some studies aim to provide practical solutions to an existing problem rather than generating new research. The nursing capstone project is an example of such studies.
While writing your nursing capstone project, the goal should be to change or implement a policy, process, or procedure. Practice-based nursing continues to gather up momentum everywhere. And it’s only natural that your nursing capstone project should reflect that reality. Your familiarity with practice-based nursing should help you think up a ton of good nursing capstone project ideas.
Where Do I Get Suitable Nursing Capstone Project Ideas?
You can fish them out from lots of places. Let’s look at some of the sources that could give you good ideas for your nursing capstone projects.
Class notes and past papers
Start with your class notes. A review of the notes you’ve written throughout the semester gets your brain spewing out great ideas. You’ll also want to dig up a few of your past nursing essays, term papers, and case studies. Skim through them. See if you can get a couple viable nursing capstone project ideas.
Past nursing capstone papers
Past capstone papers written by other student nurses may also be a source of many suitable ideas. Scan them. See if any good ideas pop into your head.
You’ll want to capture ideas and thoughts as they happen. You don’t want to exclusively rely on memory. That’s because memory fades — quickly.
Clinicals are another awesome place when it comes to finding good ideas. You’ve worked with a real nurse (preceptor). And you’ve learned a ton.
You’ve got firsthand knowledge regarding how nurses provide care. To what extent did the facility apply evidence-based nursing? Did nurses use traditional method where a new evidence-based one would’ve been the best idea?
Recent nursing journal articles
You likely are a regular reader of a few nursing or medicine-focused journals. That means you’ve devoured loads of research and review articles.
Have you read the most recent publications? What topics are trending in the vast nursing world? What one idea can’t medical researchers stop debating? Reading recent articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals is a great way to land viable nursing capstone project ideas.
Read news articles
What do you think of that gripping news article that detailed abuse in a local nursing home? Wouldn’t you like to do something for those ill-treated elderly folks?
Abuse in nursing homes is a perennial problem. What do you think management in those facilities should do to combat this stinking vice? As you ponder the problem, many viable ideas for your nursing capstone will spring to mind.
But these aren’t the only sources for good nursing capstone project ideas. What other places can you think of? Don’t worry. We’re here to help. And the time’s come for us to present the ideas we promised you.
80+ Nursing Capstone Project Ideas You Can “Borrow” for Your Project
- Compassion fatigue in Operating Rooms nurses
- Burnout in critical care nurses
- Why inpatient medication education matters
- Reviewing clinical workload policy in nursing programs
- Understanding nurse compassion satisfaction vs. burnout to boost productivity
- Nurse-physician collaboration and job satisfaction
- The ambulatory oncology environment and patient safety
- Interactivity during the onboarding orientation of nurses and the attendant perceptions
- Using simulation in the academic setting to incorporate caring competencies
- Nurse retention and the factors that influence it: The perception of hospice nurses
- The place of hospice and palliative care in nursing education
- Correlation between emotional intelligence and caring behavior in Emergency Room nurses
- Simulation design: Implementing best practices
- Intuition and years of experience in an area of clinical practice: Is there a relationship?
- Using unit-based simulation for improvement of cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills
- Effects of Implementation of evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
- Person depression stigma in hospital-employed Registered Nurses
- Do Demographic factors correct with adherence to hemodialysis treatment regimen
- Identifying and referring patients to palliative care: Primary care nursing barriers
- Effects of social media stress and the implications for quality of life of nurses
- Using technology to teach mindfulness meditation in palliative care
- Compassion fatigue in private practice
- Correlation between exercise and compassion fatigue in medical surgery nurses
- Using telephone follow-up to lower readmission rate in patients after gynecologic oncology surgery
- Designing and Implementing a new graduate Registered Nurse residency program
- Preparing student nurses in the obstetrical environment using high-fidelity simulation
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome
- Measuring depression in males with Obsessive compulsive personality disorder
- Factors influencing the decision of mothers regarding breastfeeding
- Using technology to improve patient safety in nursing homes
- Utilization of concept maps in enhancing critical thinking first year student nurses
- Relationship between patient perception of urgency and utilization of emergency departments
- Assessing transformational leadership in nurse managers
- The effect of non-pharmacological protocol on sleep quality in a geriatric population
- Effects of organizational communication on job satisfaction among delivery room Registered Nurses
- Examining peer-led simulation on critical thinking and cognitive learning
- Understanding the attitude of Registered Nurses toward patients with obesity
- Evaluating purposeful rounding on patient falls
- Examining the relationship between hospital orientation and unit orientation
- Nursing education and experience and their impact on medication mistakes made by Registered Nurses
- Early detection of prostate cancer in African American men
- Examining sabotage and workplace bullying
- Assessment of delirium by critical care nurses: Practices and perceptions
- Nursing attitudes toward patients suffering from HIV and Aids
- Understanding the factors that influence parent satisfaction in relation to pediatric nursing care
- Using non-pharmacological methods to provide care to dementia patients
- Lyme disease: prevention and management
- Diabetes: Management and prevention
- Proving nursing care to patients with ADHD
- Visitation models: A review
- Nursing roles: A review
- Designing a new program for easing new Registered Nurses into their units
- Reducing re-admissions of patients after heart surgery through after-the-operation follow-up
- Examining the transitioning of a new graduate RN from the classroom to the hospital
- Designing a new method for calculation of dosage
- Using probiotics to prevent diarrhea after use of antibiotics
- Emergency planning systems
- Preventing dementia in patients with dysfunctional behavior
- Sexual harassment among Registered: Examining barriers to personal growth and development of female nurses
- Designing a program to improve access to quality care by pregnant women in rural areas
- Preventing and treating obesity in children aged 6-12
- Improving the quality of life for patients with congestive heart failure
- The effects of longer work shifts and productivity among registered nurses in busy hospitals
- Does online learning affect the competence of nurses graduating from online nursing programs?
- Personalized approaches to management of sleep disorder in elderly patients
- ADHD and bipolar disorder in young children aged between 6 and12 years
- Managing psychological systems using non-pharmaceutical methods
- Screening for apnea in patients with heart disease
- Perception and utilization of emergency departments by patients in palliative care
- Managing dysfunctional behavior in patients with dementia
- Encouraging breastfeeding to promote infant health
- The effects of stress on productivity and job satisfaction of the occupational health nurse
- Preventing intraoperative hypothermia through pre-procedure warming
- Developing a new mental health guide for educators
- The impact of nursing essays on clinical decision making skills
- Rekindling and fanning the passion for nursing among final-year student nurses
- Using pre-employment testing to improve retention of nurses
- Incorporating mindfulness education into learning to reduce stress among nursing students
- Examining lateral violence among new graduate Registered Nurses
- Exploring nurse readiness for inpatient diabetes management
- The effects of peer-mentoring on academic performance of nursing students
- Developing an orientation program for clinical psychology experience
- Using simulation during orientation to increase self-confidence in nurses around hospital procedures, policies, and equipment
- Use of music in pain management
- Implementation of new education method to improve diabetes management
Did You Spot Any Good Nursing Capstone Project Ideas?
Have you identified any nursing capstone project ideas you might want to look at more closely? Did you say yes? That makes us feel useful. We provide advice for students struggling with different nursing topics and writing projects. We don’t write assignments and papers for students, though. Instead, we craft perfect nursing papers so that student nurses can elevate their writing skills in no time. Don’t worry. You have our 100% money-back guarantee as a bulwark against uncertainty and worries. Submit your instructions now.